Monday 11 August 2014

HAUL: Mecca Maxima, Cotton On, Priceline and more! (July/August)

It feels like it's been a while since I shared my last shopping haul and when I begun compiling all of the things I'd purchased in the past month or so, I found I was right!

Since I started working at an office job at an online content agency in fashion and beauty (oooh! #adult), I've had a little extra cash to treat myself with, which has been super good for my shopping-loving soul #pleasetellmeyoucanrelate...

So without further ado, here is what I have bought over July and August! Lots of fashion, lots of beauty and a few accessories thrown in for good measure.  


Scuba Body Booster Bra (BB Cream/BB Black) - Cotton On Body $29.95

There's something about wearing gorgeous underwear that just makes you feel happy. At least I do! I love this black and white set (obviously inspired by these Triangl ones) from Cotton On Body. The bra is made of a soft scuba type material, so it's super comfortable. I just adore how minimalistic it is! Plus wearing it makes me feel like a badass (hehe get it?) Bond Girl.



Fluffy Knit Sweater (Black) - Glassons $29.99

When it's cold outside, all you really want to do is snuggle up in a soft blanket right? That's where this cute little knit comes in! This jumper is super fluffy (like you're patting a rabbit!) and is pretty much the cosiest thing I own. It looks awesome with a fitted black wrap skirt, tights, boss-ass boots and some chunky neckwear. Glassons currently have two for $50 on their knit wear, so I'm totally contemplating getting another colour plus another black one as a back up...


Assorted Patterned Socks - Daiso, all $2.80 each

Speaking of warm and cosy, I've become completely obsessed with cute socks to wear with my winter boots! I love Gorman socks, but they're a little out of my price range at $16 a pair, so I bought myself around seven Daiso ones for just under $20. I think that's a pretty good deal! Plus they're pretty much the cutest, right?


Camille Lace Up Heel Boots - Rubi Shoes $29.95 (on sale)

And on the note of those winter boots, here is the latest addition to my shoe-drobe. Lace up, heeled boots pretty much infatuate me on sight - I just adore them! You can dress them up or down and they look bad-ass no matter which way you wear them. I now have three pairs (all from different stores) in black, oxblood and camo. #obsessed


Statement necklaces - All Lovisa, around $25.00 each

Lovisa always have such good sales, like buy-two-get-one-free, so I always stock up on big necklaces like these because I wear them pretty much with every outfit. They look so nice with a plain top, tucked under a shirt collar, or along the neckline of a dress. Which is your fave? Mine is the one in the middle - there's just something about it!



A bunch of the beauties on Instagram (you can follow me at @hijessicaanne - I just hit more than 1000 followers so a giveaway is coming up!) recommended Hand Food to me and I loved the mini size I bought so much that I went back to get the big one! My hands literally do eat this stuff up - and they feel super soft because of it. Winter saviour!



Get ready for some gorgeousness! I really wanted to treat myself to some products from a luxury beauty brand and I've been seeing Hourglass Cosmetics products all over Instagram, so the decision was simple! I picked up the primer because my skin needs a little extra love thanks to the winter wind, and since I've dyed my hair purple, orange toned products have really been popping on me, so this dual blush/highlighter adds the perfect sheen to my cheeks. I'm going to use them so sparingly!



I've been on the look out for the perfect sea blue for a nail tutorial that will be coming up very soon on my blog and I've narrowed it down to these two! They're both such lovely metallic blues and I know they're going to be used heaps in summer - mermaid manicures anyone? 


Maybelline New York Big Eyes Liner and Volum' Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara
- Priceline, $16.95 (bought as a pack)

There was so much hype surrounding these two products on Instagram, so I couldn't resist (I'm an advertiser's dream...). They've since become staples in my everyday makeup routine and I use the white end of the liner to line my waterline and the lower lashes wand on the mascara to do up my lashes.


Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Eye Liner Pencil in 'Black' - Priceline $9.95

Prepare to be shocked - if you're a long time reader of my blog, then you'll know that I'm a massive fan of winged liquid liner, BUT. Recently I've been wearing black pencil liner instead! I've been loving the effect of creating a very subtle smoked out wing at the outer corner and then just lining about halfway along my top lashes. It's such a subtle, grown up look and it's perfect for work. But don't worry, cat eye, I still haven't forgotten about you! 



What is it about makeup brands only releasing certain colours in certain countries? This is the second time that I've had to order off ASOS to get an Apocalips shade that wasn't available in Australia. At least it mixes things up! This is a gorgeous, deep red that is so stunning for night time and wintery days. Adore. Simply adore. 



Yes, I finally hopped on the bandwagon! And yes, I do see what all the fuss is about. This concealer is lovely and light in formulation, but it still covers my dark circles and any redness around my eyes really well. Plus it works as a great highlighter!



Unfortunately I didn't receive the limited edition packaging (even though I ordered it *sad face*), but I'm still very happy with this eyeshadow. It's a super soft, super pigmented single shadow that is great for keeping in my bag for quick highlight touch ups. I use it to highlight my inner corner mostly, though it also works well as a powder highlighter for the cheekbones. 


What have you treated yourself to recently? Let me know in the comments below! 

Share:

1 comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig