Monday 15 September 2014

REVIEW: Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush in 'Dim Infusion'

If you're anything like me, then the words 'Ambient Lighting' is enough to get your heart racing.

In the beauty world, the Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting powders are highly sought after and loved for their silky application and their very soft and glowing finish when applied on the skin.

After hearing about the range, I've been dreaming about having one of my very own, and recently, that dream came true!

I had some money left on a Mecca Cosmetica gift card that my best friend gave me, so I thought I'd treat myself to this beauty. More specifically, the Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush in 'Dim Infusion'. 


As soon as you open the box, you're greeted by a luxurious little golden compact that when opened, has a little mirror inside. It currently has pride of place on my tabletop, because I just love looking at it!


The blush itself is a gorgeous blend of a soft coral pigment and the Ambient Lighting Powder (the highlighting powder that Hourglass Cosmetics is arguably famous for), which creates a gorgeous marbled effect in the pan.


There are six shades available in the collection, but I chose Dim Infusion for the gorgeous coral shade. I recently dyed my hair a deep violet, and orange toned beauty products really seem to pop on me now. That, and coral shades are universally flattering on all skin tones, so I know that even when I dye the purple out, I'll still be able to use this (and for the higher price point, I want to get the use out of it!).


The idea is to use a blush brush to blend the highlighting powder and the coral together to form an illuminating blush, that simultaneously adds a gorgeous flush to the cheeks, while also adding a glow to the face. 


When swatched and blended in, the blush does appear very pale, but the colour can be built for a more intense effect if needed. The powder itself is super fine and blends really well, and doesn't sit on top of my base makeup, which I love. It sinks into the skin and lasts all day when I wear it to work.


To apply, I use a blush brush (specifically, the one from the Sportsgirl Brush With Fame set) to gently pat the blush onto the apples of my cheeks then sweep in circular motions towards my temples.


Here I am with just one cheek done. The effect is very natural, and I love the way it makes my cheeks glow! Plus against my darker hair, I think the colour really suits me. Though I have a feeling it would suit anyone and especially if you have a lighter complexion.


Here's a close up so you can see the colour a little more clearly. See how you can't tell that there's powder on my cheeks? Dim Infusion blends so seamlessly that it creates a subtle flush that looks very natural! Plus this shade really warms up the complexion.



You can pick up this blush for $46 at Mecca Cosmetica and while it's a little on the pricey side, it really is worth the splurge! I rarely treat myself to high end products, so I'm going to treasure this little beauty.

Next on my wish list? Like every other beauty blogger, the Ambient Lighting Powder Wardrobe! I  challenge you to look it up and not fall in love with it.




Have you tried any of the Ambient Lighting Powders? Or have any on your wish list? Let me know in the comments below!

Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored, I bought this blush with my own money (well, with the gift card that my best friend treated me to!). All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.


Share:

3 comments

  1. Amazing post! I'm your latest follower :) Feel free to view my blog here: http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful on you !!
    love the packaging too
    looks so luxurious

    AMOURPIXIE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig