Monday 20 October 2014

Beauty By Rubi Shoes Launch - Sneak peek of new products!

It's here! Rubi Shoes has released their own beauty collection, and I was lucky enough to be one of the bloggers invited to the launch to have a good swatch and play with all of that makeup newness before it officially hits stores.

Just check out the rad range!


Everything is under $15.00 (the most expensive item is the Bronzer at $11.95 - practically a steal), which is great for beauty lovers on a budget. And even though the products are affordable, after trialling a few of the products that I got to take home with me after the launch (stay tuned to the end of the post!), they certainly haven't skimped on quality and colour payoff.

I'm most excited about the lipsticks as I'm a massive lippy addict, so knowing that I can grab a few at $6.95 each is awesome news. There are 17 shades in the current collection, from pinks to reds, to purples and corals, and even a black! I promised a swatch of that one to you guys on my Instagram, so here we go!


Pretty impressive pigmentation! I love that it's more of a creme finish rather than a matte, which is much more wearable in my opinion because you can sheer it out.

Below you can catch some of the looks the Beauty By Rubi Shoes makeup artist created and I am loving the bottom right! Even better is that the lipstick, eyeshadow and blush would only total less than $30 to create the look.


Also at the launch we were treated to a free manicure with nail art using the new Rubi Nail Polishes from the babes over at I Scream Nails. Thanks so much to Zinta for my sky blue mani with super cute ice cream feature nails!


We also received a goodie bag filled with some of the exciting new releases from Beauty by Rubi Shoes, and I've got swatches for you below.


Rubi Eyeshadow Palette in Midsummer Eyes - $11.95

The eyeshadow palettes come in a sleek silver case and hold four shades inside. You also get a little dual-ended applicator and brush, though I rarely use the provided brushes in eyeshadow palettes, so I likely won't be using it.

The colours in this palette would be great for a party as you can very easily create a colourful smokey eye. The shadows are surprisingly pigmented too, and very buttery to the touch. My favourite shade would have to be the metallic lilac, which would look amazing as an inner corner highlight. 

Left: In the shadow. Right: In natural light.

Rubi Lipstick - $6.95

I unfortunately misplaced the packaging of this one so I'm not sure what the shade is called, but it's the second lightest pink in the range. It has a creme formula and is a great everyday pink. It's very smooth on, though I do recommend giving your lips a good scrub to buff away any dead skin before applying this one.

I also LOVE the packaging of this one - the silver casing isn't just a regular metallic case, it's also reflective enough to use as a mirror!


Rubi Bronzer in Sunkissed - $11.95

I'm very excited about this one because I rarely wear shimmery bronzers for fear of looking like an Oompa Loompa, but this one has a great balance between being a contour, highlight and all-over glow. It definitely has more of a golden undertone than brown or orange, and it would look amazing with a tan when applied along the cheekbones. I imagine it would also look stunning dusted onto the shoulders and decolletage. 

Ignore the crack - that was my fault for dropping it (oops)!

Rubi Nail Polish in Hot Pink & Electric Blue - $4.95

At first glance, the two nail polishes I received do look slightly watery, though I imagine they would build up to opaque after a few coats. If you scroll back up to the image of my I Scream Nails manicure, you can see some of the Rubi polishes in action. And they look pretty good!


I also received a few other goodies that are heading into stores with the collection as well, including a makeup case, rollerball perfume in Summer Nights, a trio of nail files and some makeup wipes. One product I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on when it's released is the Highlighter, which I have swatches of over on this post
  
The full range is currently available at the Chadstone store, with more stores launching the collection from the end of October. 

Which products are you most excited to get your hands on from the launch? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

7 comments

  1. Can't wait to gett hands on these! Especially the lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so great! Particularly the lipsticks - what a bargain!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so lovely ^^

    I especially love the eye shadow colours!!


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precisely what you think in relation to whitened to locate footwear? Actually, I am not chatting whatever special in relation to whitened adult men, however I'd prefer you to understand while for you to wear whitened men's shoes. In the event we carry whitened coloring, it may be considered as any coloring which has a one of a kind good quality.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig