Monday 21 September 2015

How to make your eyelashes look thicker and longer

And without falsies or extensions!


Sound impossible? It's not! I have naturally very short and straight Asian eyelashes, which you can barely see without mascara. But there are a few tips that I've learned over the years that really boost the look of my lashes - just check out the before and after below!

Curious about my eyelash magic? Read on!



Tip #1 - Tightline

I hear you asking, what's a tightline? It's the underside of your eyelid just beneath your top eyelashes - basically it's your waterline but on the top! With a black smudge proof eyeliner pencil, gently fill in that tightline, just as you would normally on your waterline. It helps to pull up your eyelashes with your fingers so you can really get in there and this creates the illusion that your eyelashes are thicker and blacker than they really are! 


Tip #2 - Line Your Top Lash Line

To make your lashes look even thicker, carefully line your top lash line with a black pencil liner. The key here is to keep as close to the roots of your lashes as possible - the ideal effect is to look like you haven't lined your eyes. It should be subtle, but the difference it makes is huge!


If your line looks a little too obvious, you can always take an angled liner brush and gently run it along your liner to soften it out. 


Tip #3 - Create a subtle wing

Because my lashes are naturally straight and stick right out, I like to create a tiny wing at my outre corner using pencil liner to elongate the shape of my eyes and lashes. It helps create the look that my lashes are longer and 'flickier'. I also take my pencil liner down into the outer corner of my waterline slightly for a more feline eye look.


Tip #4 - Use an Eyelash Curler

This one is pretty obvious, but there is definitely a technique in getting the best result from your eyelash curler. Try and get all of your lashes in there, and curl from the roots rather than from the centre of the lashes to get the longest effect. Hold your curler there for about 30 seconds, which should be ample time to get your lashes up and perky!


Tip #5 - Layer Your Mascara

One layer of mascara just won't cut it if you have stubborn lashes like me, so I like to use two or three. Apply your first coat of mascara from root to tip to set the curl from the previous step, then after that coat is nearly dry, apply a second one over the top, which will add volume and thickness. Kapow!


And that's it! Enjoy your fluttery lashes beauties!


What's your all time favourite mascara? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

4 comments

  1. Great tips. I always line my top lashline but can't fathom tight lining, I think either I'm just not using creamy enough products or am psyching myself out because every time I do it I end up with tears running everywhere!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fave mascara is the Benefit They're Real. It's so effective in making your lashes look longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.
    high definition brows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post! Thanks for sharing these simple & easy tips to get longer thicker eyelashes without using falsies or extensions. Women who don't use curler can consider getting lash lift treatment which is a very easy process to get longer lashes and lash curls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig